Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Diverse World Fashion Harajuku Shoot BTS & Edits

"Take It To The Streets"
















Hair: Victoria Ferguson
Makeup: Natalia Villafane
Models: Maanami Phillips, Gabrielle Monae
Styling Assistants: Lexy Henry, Tyshane Franisco
EIC: Robert Bala
Locations: New Seoul Oriental Market, The Forum Apartments (Tallahassee, FL) 
*Contact me via email for clothing credits!*
                                        
So basically, this shoot was my first shoot with Florida State University's Diverse World Fashion magazine as their Women's Wear Director/Head Stylist. This was shot back in October and I can say that it was a bit scary orchestrating this  whole shoot because it took a lot, but I will say that I had a very supportive Women's Wear Team and that the DWF EIC, Robert was extremely helpful with assisting with everything.

My idea for the theme of this shoot stems from a spread I saw styled by one of my style icons: Anna Dello Russo for Vogue Japan! She serves as their Editor-at-Large and also as a creative consultant for the magazine. As soon as I saw 'My Market Day' and the cohesion of the bright colors, textured accessories and vibrant setting of the shoot I knew I had to execute something similar to it. And, after I began planning, everything worked itself out as always.

I'm mostly grateful for a few of the DWF members outside of my team that showed up to my house with a plethora of items which I added into the shoot along with Dillard's items, White House | Black Market items and a few of my own signature pieces. Your pieces were extremely helpful! (Thank you Bibi and Frankie!)It was a great experience orchestrating this shoot and I can't wait to share my shoots I orchestrate for next semester with you all!

Love + Light.






No comments:

Post a Comment